Secure-24 Receives GLITR Award for Making a Difference in Michigan
Southfield, Mich. - September 22, 2011 -- Secure-24, Inc. has been honored with the 10th Anniversary Great Lakes Innovation and Technology Report (GLITR) Award. The award recognizes ten innovative companies that are making a difference in Michigan through investment and growth.
GLITR is a daily technology and business report covering high-tech businesses, life sciences, and green technologies. It is delivered by WWJ-AM News Radio (CBS affiliate in Detroit) through the station’s broadcast, online and email news reports.
Headquartered in southeast Michigan, Secure-24 provides managed IT operations, enterprise hosting and private cloud computing to companies with global operations from their data centers in Michigan and Arizona. Since its inception in 2001, Secure-24 has grown to nearly 250 employees.
The company founders, Matthias Horch and Volker Straub, identified southeastern Michigan as one of North America’s best locations for IT businesses. The region has one of the lowest rates of natural disaster incidents, an excellent IT talent pool, and a robust IT infrastructure to support high-tech companies.
“It was the perfect spot. We came from Germany to Michigan and started the company with nothing more than a business plan. Over time, we attracted more and more clients who saw the value in managed IT services. That led to significant investments and growth of our Michigan-based teams of IT experts and data centers,” said Matthias Horch, Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Secure-24.
In 2009, Wayne County (Michigan) and Secure-24 formed a unique public-private partnership to build an 18,000 square foot data center in Plymouth Township. This Technical Resource Center helps lighten local government’s burden of IT investment and operations, and it also makes the region more attractive to businesses needing a strong technology infrastructure. The center
supports the IT needs of both government and private sector clients.
Other GLITR award recipients include Compuware Corporation, Strategic Staffing Solutions, Altair Engineering, Plex Inc., Neogen Corporation, Perrigo Company, Menlo Innovations, Red Level Networks, and ePrize LLC.
News from MCPR Clients
- Inmatech Prototype Debuts at The Battery Show
- Greenview Foundation supports hepatitis C research at the University of Michigan
- Secure-24 Obtains Cisco Premier Certified Partnership
- Secure-24 Delivers Cloud & Hosting Services to Enterprise Customers; Earns Distinction as Silver EMC Velocity™ Service Provider
- DeepRoot to Present Products, Conduct Seminars on Urban Forestry and Storm Water Management During 2012 ASLA Meeting & Expo
- 300 Decisions Offers Comprehensive Services to Help Businesses Relocate without Disruption
- User Friendly EMR Achieves ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 EHR Certification from ICSA Labs
- DeepRoot Marks Milestone Growth of NYC Urban Forest Trees at Lincoln Center
- Secure-24 Marks Significant Growth in Providing Outsourced IT Operations, Application Hosting and Cloud Computing
- Health Care Management Acquires ATMP Solutions; Expands HIPAA Compliance Services